Monday, June 29, 2015

Glossary to a girls world! Handbags.



What is a handbag?

A small bag used by a woman to carry everyday personal items.
That is the answer I was provided by Google, I could not agree more. 
For as a long I can remember playing dress up meant having a handbag/purse to complete the look. As most of us grew up, our love for bags only grew stronger.

When I found out that in certain countries, it actually allows you to take out a loan to buy a designer bag I was ready to say so long South Africa and make a home in a new foreign country that understood what it meant to be a woman, longing for that touch of the expensive leather in her hands while others stare with envy. A Handbag to a whole women is a car to a man!


The basic handbag has come a long way, and this post is all about educating you on each and every handbag design out there and of course a tip on what when and how to pull it off fashionably..

The Back Pack


This is the bag we all started out with. I remember mine always been heavy and sometimes not having a pleasant odour, as I would forget to take out old lunch and sometimes getting caught in the rain and leaving the damp bag in the corner till the next day of school. But what is a BackPack in the fashion world?

It is a sack with two straps, usually to be cool only one strap is worn on the shoulder, it's worn on your shoulders and rests on your back, but it is not just any sack its the sack that will separate  you from the rest. I've seen a comeback of the backpack since the 90's inspired fashion has popped up. The best way to wear a backpack and be on trend would definitely be a jumper/overall and a pair of sneakers.


The Baguette





A baguette is one of the handbag you would of found on a 90's girl. I remember as a kid, I had one, its shape was long in length and small in height with a average length handle. I would go everywhere with it, it was my way of telling the world I had s**t and I was fancy. I don't really encourage this purse as sometimes it can't carry your cell phone or wallet but the best way to wear this bag is playtime as princesses or evening wear.


The Bowler



I love this shape bag and recently purchased one from Soviet in the colour Tan. My 1st encounter with this shape bag was in Woolworths, it was pink and I just saw my whole life coming together as I strolled down the aisles to ask my mother if I can have it, after tons and tons of begging she still stuck to her 1st answer which was no. To me it’s the bag that got away. I feel this bag just gives class. Its vibe is hey I'm a preppy girl who's playful.
The name alone gives away the origin of the bag as it was originally designed to hold bowling balls. Best Way to wear a Bowler actually anything from sporty casual to smart formal I just would avoid wearing it on outings where you would have to carry it around for hours and it’s not that comfortable to wear on the shoulders.


The Bucket




















I actually won this shape of a handbag at a Lady bloggers event. It's amazing on space. If you have a lot of things that you need with you all the time this is the bag for you, my advice would be to get separate clear bags to store your things within your bag because you could spend hours looks for something.

A Bucket bag is shaped like an oval with a square bottom and usually had long straps to wear comfortably on your shoulders and a lot of them are open on the top which I am not a fan of.
Best way to wear this bag: if you are a student or a mom this bag is ideal for you. I do recommend getting it in a solid colour so it can go with everything and preferably a dark shade.

Part 1 of 5 "Handbags"
All images are from the LOUIS VUITTON website



No comments:

Post a Comment